Thursday 4 June 2009

Ta..Ta....Ta..Ta....Ta..Ta....Touch me! I want to feel your body!

A while back when Archerr from Archerr Radio was getting his new iMac and MacBook and all the hundreds of other Apple products he was maxing out his credit card with I had said I was getting a new iPod but I ended up not getting the one I had said and instead purchased the tiny iPod Nano 4G.

Well, today I took delivery of my brand new shiny lovely Apple iPod Touch 2G, Woooooow!

Sorry, just so happy to have an iPod Touch again. Not that I hated the Nano, but Apple are very clever with their feature reduction as you go down the line. Little things were a big pain such as not knowing how long a podcast is BEFORE you play it, and therefore mark it as being played were just inconvenient. There were other things that were taken out, nothing major, it still played music and sounded amazing and did all the things it needed to do but those little extras make such a big difference.

One big difference, apps, wow I never used them a lot but I did miss them! I'm a simple guy at heart and I loves my Battleships, ConnectFour, Hangman, Mini-Golf etc. Bowling was so good on the iPod touch too as well as a load of other games.

So this new iPod Touchy Feely arrives in the most minimalist packaging you can imagine, lift one sticker and the plastic see through case opens, lift the iPod Touch sticker to reveal the iPod Touch itself. Lift it out, bend the plastic plate that it sits in/on and oh my! it's so light compared to the last one which was pretty much a brick that lit up :-)

Plug it into the Mac and it makes noises, oooh, thats new. Can't wait to try the new in-built speaker which is such a major thing! as are the volume buttons, so handy! Who gets excited about volume buttons, just me and Archerr, thats who! LOL

The screen seems clearer and maybe slightly better at doing the multitouch pinching, the old iPod Touch never seemed great at doing that but that may have been the one I had.

It's all working beautifully and the speaker is an extra bonus, great for use as an internet radio now!

Glad to have an iPod Touch once more and glad to have these little extras and I hear battery life is increased by around 10 hours which is amazing considering how light it is now.


No comments:

Post a Comment