Thursday 30 July 2009

So very sad, victim to the economic crisis

I am so very sad today.

I am having to close my baby down.

I started a streaming internet radio station and grew it to have over 20,000 listeners tune in.

Sadly, I am unable to fund it any longer as I am not working at present and my limited finances can no longer support the station which was growing at a fantastic rate of 50% per month!

I tried to offer advertising on the station and website, I also tried to secure donations from the listeners but as much as everyone loved the music, they probably like many others could not part with cash to help us out.

I tried to find sales people but as I could not offer wages, just commissions, no one took up the offer in the harsh economic climate.

I have loved building the dream and having it loved by so many people around the world, 144 countries at last count.

That is why I am so sad to close it down.

I had such great plans, so many things I wanted to do, so many wonderful ideas.

So I am in the process of closing it all down, its still up and running for a few hours more.

Then it will vanish, the website will be pointed to a holding page and in a couple of months the domains will expire.

A sad day.

Any millionaires got a spare cheque they don't need? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment