Thursday 12 March 2009

Too good to be true for the man in the mirror?

50

This blog is all about me expressing myself and when I get a gut feeling I am going to share it with you all, and as I said in my last post I'd really like you to comment or email me with your thoughts too, that way I can reply and we can get a good conversation started between us all.

Right, onto my topic du jour!

There is a certain music artist that is booking a large concert venue here in the UK for an ever increasing number of performances, at present that number is up to 45 nights!

Now while I hope that every single last person goes, has fun and comes back with the best memories of these events my little voice inside my head ( I am thinking Auntie Vera Charles and her conscience here! ) is screaming out.

I hate to be a doubting Thomas but 45 days, really? And each and every one of those dates is going to be amazing and wonderful and a spectacle and you will hear all your favorite songs....hmmm

Here is what I really think, the first few shows will be massive, world class events and then it will start to go downhill. The shows will get shorter and shorter until near the end they last for maybe 30-45 mins and I suspect one or two will last even less time.

People are out there paying silly amounts to buy these tickets, up to £10,000 ($14,000) on eBay and it's not really them I feel sorry for. It is the small hard working fans that will buy these tickets, pay their travel costs, their hotel costs and make this an event to remember. It is for those I fear the worst.

Now I may be wrong and as I said at the start I hope I am but once these massive stars get the cheques and the big wheels are in motion there is not a lot the little guy can do.

I do sound defeatist today but then that is my opinion, so what do you think? Am I wrong? Or am I right?

Hit the comment button or fire me off an email.

(Archerr, this is a topic for the gangbang shows! no?)

Here is another hint:



UPDATED:

The total number of shows is now at the 50 mark as of March 12th. With now over 1 million seats sold. (That's a lot of iphone lighter falme apps!)

No comments:

Post a Comment